The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
ickle pickle

Slow cooker recipes anybody?

Hi maritrez

I usually bring the gammon to the boil in a pan of water to get rid of all the salt (froth). Remove and put into the slow cooker and pour apple juice from carton to cover. Put slow cooker on high till bubbling turn down to low for 5 hours. Delicious.

This is such a fab thread!

I've been thinking about buying a slow cooker for a while and finally did this weekend. I'd found one in John Lewis I wanted a few weeks back, but they didnt have it in stock. Found the same one on saturday in Debenhams, but they were also out of stock. Was a bit miffed as they had a 10% off deal this weekend. Anyway I was told i could get it online with the 10% off but it wasnt on their website. So I thought, screw it, I'll just get it from John Lewis's website and pay full price. Then I discovered they were "matching a major competitiors weekend promotion", so I got it with 10% off anyway! I ordered it at 6pm on saturday, with free 5 day delivery and it arrived at lunchtime today- how's that for service!! :-)

That long story, leads me to say I have now got the slow cooker I wanted and I'm glad of these starter recipes! I've ordered a recipe book and will be playing with it over the next few weeks. Any recipes i come across that i really like, I will share with you here!

Hope to see some more recipes from other people on here too! It's so nice to hear what works for other people!

Fi

x

Congrats on buying your new Slow Cooker Fi.

I use mine all the time - hence all the recipes on here.

You will get the hang of it very quickly.

I look forward to seeing any recipes you especially like.

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the slow cooking recipe club. Look forward to seeing any new recipes youcan come up with.

Just bought a slow cooker cook book with lots of different recipes in that I have not tried before. Will let you know if there are any specially nice ones you might like to try.