The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
carolyn

Christmas presents

them frames r realli kl i like the way uve decorated it

dd you could probably decorate 1 for ur granddad with all his favorite things around it

i might make my aunt a 6x6 scrapboox for xmas, ive always wanted to

I'm also attempting to stitch a bag from a pattern for one of my best friends, out of really funky fabric. I'm going to put some cosmetics and crafty bits in it for her, so I'm hoping it all goes to plan with no wonky seams, as I would hate to ruin the fabric!

I love all the ideas that are cropping up in here- I can tell this is going to be a real life-saving thread!

I'm also creating a hamper for my grandparents. I've been collecting jars of mustard, jams, posh biscuits and the like and I'm going to get a basket which I'm going to decorate, wrap it all in tissue paper or cellophane and add little fabric tops to all the jars country-style. Hopefully it will work out quite well.

Kate :)

I'm making hampers, craft one for my little sisters, food one for my parents (although so far all me and my brother can think of is types of chocolate to give them, and wine), so making them in the way that I have to collect everything together and make it all look pretty. for some reason my brother wants to get a plant for the hamper for my parents as well, but my Mum already has loads of plants and my Dad will easily kill it if we leave it to him so I'm going to have to talk him out of that.

I know what you mean about plants, Mental Sarcasm, my Grandad bought my Mum a supposedly 'unkillable plant' a couple of years back. True to form, it died shortly after ;) She has the complete opposite of green fingers!!!

I'm baking a few things for gifts, which gives me an excuse to leave them til late- just simple biscuits and things which I'm going to put in embellished tins or baskets.

I'm making a few knitted gifts, a scarf for my niece, a tea cosy for my mum and a wine cosy for my dad (hehe) - I'm also making my niece a scrapbook - well, I'm starting it off for her, decorating the cover and such so that she can carry it on - should keep me busy until xmas!

a little food hamper sounds nice. someone mentioned on another forum about soaking cherries in alcohol and covering them with chocolate -must hunt out the post again and see if there is still time to do some. I know my Mum would love them.