The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
stakreem

Tuesday

Good morning all, I just get t up a bit late for me, but never mind , John was up around six , when I walked in to the kitchen he was cleaning out the fridge, he is do good. Anyway the sun is out and looks to be another nice day.

Glad you found the wedding dress Liz, one major part completed now for the rest Ruth will need all the months to April to organise everything else.

I read last evenings post but I forgot ton what you said, oh yes KQ the orange tree and the grapes Denise, wouldn't it be nice if we could all exchange a pot of something or a small bottle of something we had each made, this is the first time I have grown a citrus tree, the grapes will be nice for you to have a triple next Christmas Denise I hope they are a success.

Well I am running out of battery so better get and charge this I pad. BBL.

Morning all..I was up early but re-watched sewing bee..I fell asleep last night. .it has inspired me..going to go buy fabric for lining the dress I'm making for the July wedding..I thought a soft cotton should be cooler.

After watching sew bee I got out my patterns and cut out the jacket pattern..don't enjoy cutting that..maybe tomorrow as it has forecast rain I will cut it all out..machine stitching won't start until next week..

Yesterday I cut out some patchwork pencil cases fot our craft stall and I will but some cheap coloured pencils.. things aimed at children usually sell..also finished my pom poms and strung them..made 16 and I've done enough..got bored. Also going to make thema few novelty pin ccushions using scraps and then I think I've done my bit.

Also finished embroidery on my cushion but that can go away for a while as don't need them yet..have to have walls built and bathroom installed plus decorating to do..so November maybe?

Liked the little fruit tree...

Have a crafty day

Where is everybody. .. I have bought a paper mache box which I will cover in fabric..embroidery of names etc.

Also bought 5.5 mtrs of silk fabric £9.99.. just looked at it and it's liberty. .on line price for their silk = £49.99 mtr..years ago I made my friend a blouse from liberty silk ..her brother bought her the fabric as a wedding gift just to her..I didn't realise at the time how expensive it was.

I'm back again just got in the post my second tea cosy book, I now have all three of Loani Priors tea cosy books . They are great and very inspiring .

I can't wait to make a load of different ones and sell them for Christmas on a craft table along with some other things I have made and painted.

My latest idea is I have sent for some raffia another American thing going to weave some baskets. America seems to have the best ideas, I always like the sound of your ideas Elisa , your cushions and pom-poms, what are the Pom poms for, an idea from one cosy book is to make a round Pom Pom but cut it in to the shap of a cube, imagine what shapes you can make a bit like cutting bushes in to topiary.

Here are my three books.

post-360483-0-72542600-1463483358_thumb.jpeg

Hi everyone,

Feeling under the weather a cough and sneezes, and upset stomach ,never mind rally on, I have dogs needing walkies and food shopping to do

You are enjoying the tea cosy making Linda I can feel your enthusiasm, but did you get the wedding quilt out you naughty lady,maybe I am misjudging you Linda and I missed your post telling us it's complete lol

Eliza fantastic fabric bargain, everything is so expensive here, we have no markets or even fabric shops, have you settled in at home again

I will pop back later bfn be crafty

Sorry Liz no I haven't finished the quilt, no enthusiasm at the moment for it, undoubtedly I will leave it to the last minute and half of that. I need you beside me doing your quilt then I would do mine but alas that will not happen, I really need humans to come to my house and get me going on things I need to finishe do you fancy bringing a caravan down and staying a week in the caravan park down the road and helping me out. ? I hope you feel better soon take a TCP gargle and shock the germs in to oblivion my sister swears by it. She got rid of her cold and cough in a few days. I did ask you what wedding favours Ruth has decided on but you must of missed that post. Anyway Julie is s down here asking about how to do something on the computer so best go till later.