The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Eliza28

sunny monday

Hello all, Eliza let us know how your appointment went, hope your doing fine. I just had a shower and am sorting out my colours in fabric. I made today's dinner yesterday so just got to do a few vegetables. Just watched a new programme with Gloria Hunniford about weather extra vitamins are necessary and if whole milk is good for you unless you have an intolerance then it is just as good and slightly better than semi skimmed.

It is cloudy here and rain now and again. Not much else to report so will be back later have a lovely crafty day and tell us about what you are making today I love talking to you lot you are all very interesting.

Morning all. It's been back to normal today - looking after Sophie. Felt strange as its been nearly 4 weeks.

We had a lovely time playing, singing, reading and Sophie made soup and cakes in her oven.

Going to make a few more crochet angels now while I wait for DH to come home from his swim. I'm pleased that the thin wool I had is being put to good use. Normally DK is thinnest I would work worth. I also have half a fingerless glove done - Linda's mohair and Liz's green DK.

Eliza hope all goes well at your appointment

Linda did you see my post yesterday about iris folding/

Have a super day 

Take care

Yes I did Denise , and I looked up some patterns, it is similar to twisted spirals, but those patterns like the iris folded heart or horse I can applique as a whole piece, I do like the notion of spirals and enjoy mostly drawing them my problem is choosing the colours. I have spent all morning looking at the coloured batiques I have and still not know if I have chosen right. What do you all think. Pic below of original block and what I have decided on I know the block is in plain colours , is mine too busy or should I use plain?

hello everyone

Over the worst of my pneumonia now, still don't have a voice though, so frustrating cos i do so like to talk :) 

Hope everyone is well, sounds like you and Sophie have settled back in well, did she like the new decorating, Goose,

Hope your appointment goes well Eliza.

Linda I like your fabric, if you are doing the spiral thing could you alternate between pattern and plain? I think it would work with all pattern but I think a plain in between would really make the patterns stand out individually.

Well I have Alia so need to get back to her, she has been happily munching on some finger foods besides me but I think she's done :)

Happy crafting all.

Good idea SarahI think I will go and find some plain blue and plain green. Glad the pneumonia has subsided and you get back to normal soon. How are the ulcers on your other leg?

I am off to raid my fabric stash.