The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
EmmaIrlamCrafts

Cross-stitch, anyone?

Does anyone here on the forum like to cross-stitch? It is one of my fave crafts. I love the Gorjuss designs mostly. Have even done a few of Johnny Depp! The one below took seven years to do as it is so big! Probably my biggest ever crafting achievement!!

post-492381-0-46578600-1452728295_thumb.jpg

post-492381-0-11506200-1452728332_thumb.jpg

Edited by EmmaIrlamCrafts

I used to Emma.. even did some quite big projects..but arthritis and poor eyesight have put a stop to it..I do bits at times as I still have a lot of thread and canvas ..sadly they all eventually ended up in the loft, I came across some recently and turned a couple into cushions, decided a new life for them was preferable to being hidden away..

The Johnny Depp looks like a painting. .well done..especially on the patience you have shown

I used to, mostly small projects like cards and bookmarks which were gifts.  I did make a picture of a conservatory that I was very proud of (and won a prize for in my local horticultural show) - I'll take a photo later.  My eyesight stopped me cross-stitching in the end but now I have varifocals I will be able to finish some of my UFOs eventually.

The Johnny Depp picture must have been a real labour of love but it's absolutely amazing!

Yes I cross stitch not as much as I used to though.  I have some larger pieces on the walls and hanging on the walls of the houses of family. They are mainly projects they've bought for me to stitch for them.  I tend now to do smaller pieces that are then incorporated into larger sewing projects, often combining them with patchwork,  and small things like pin cushions, cards and Christmas decorations.

I also tend to make my own cross stitch patterns.

Love you Jack Sparrow it looks very neatly stitched :)

Thanks for the compliments on my work.

I worry about the eyesight thing. I am short sighted and worry one day it will stop me cross-stitching. I find a daylight lamp helps a lot. I bought one a few months back, not one of the mega expensive ones though, and it has been the best addition to my crafting tools!