The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
EmmaIrlamCrafts

What's your favourite thing to crochet?

Moved on from little flowers to beanie hats....that is the next item to make with my  little group, who are limited in their abilities because of arthritic fingers...(or mostly anyway)...so we shall undoubtedly see some strange shaped hats, knowing my group...but time will tell...

I'm really new to crochet and am self taught so haven't really ventured away from the granny square. I have made a lovely cushion cover out of my squares in autumn colours which I'm really pleased with.

I don't have a favourite thing to crochet or knit, I just enjoy crochet and knitting and seeing it go to a good home whether I give it as a gift or exchange on a craft forum or it's bought by one of my lovely customers.

All I knit and crochet are my own designs, and I also sell some of my patterns not all as it takes ages to write them up properly and then re test them to make sure I've written them so by customers can follow them easily.

It seems strange to see my little group of crochet learners....all over 80...but holding the hook any way they can because of arthritic fingers, but they are producing granny squares at last with all colours......so they don't know it yet but now they are prolific with that I hope to take them on to a few more crochet stitches, but all that depends on how I get on at hospital over next 2 weeks...the Cardiac Consultant this Thursday following echocardiogram and Friday have endoscopy with reasonable urgency as some heart tablets have had to be suspended for a week .and more tests next week, so crikey hope I come out better than I go in....but crochet is a good friend when waiting for things to be done.........should call that time CROCHET FOR THE CROTCHETY....

My favourite things to crochet are Zooty Owl's Roadtrip Scarf (a free pattern) and the ever useful granny squares. 

My tension changed for some reason so I had a bag of squares that weren't quite the right size so I used them to make dolls blankets for the girls and to make a hot water bottle cover :)

Artym hope all goes well at the hospital x