The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
JoanneD

crochet peacock

I am making the crochet peacock from the magazine and i am having trouble understanding how to do the tail. Do i have to sew the single lobes onto the lobe that you do not fasten off?

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I haven't actually made the peacock but from what I understand the yarn on the lobe that you don't fasten off is used to start tail by working 12 dc around it and then 6dc in each of other lobes no mention of sewing them together.

It is rather confusing and no pictures to back up sewing up instructions.

I'll get in touch with HQ and ask them to explain in fuller details.

Hi there

Here are the full unedited details from Janine Holmes, the designer:

Pin a Tail Feather to the top of each Tail Lobe and sew the edges in place, making sure to place stitches through the Tail Feather and both layers of Tail to flatten. Sew a matching Back Tail Feather to the back of each tail Lobe. These stitches do not need to go through both layers. Oversew the tops of the tail feathers together. Sew base of Tail to back of Body. Sew stitches through both layers of Tail and into the Body from the base up to round 10 until it is firmly attached.

If you have any further queries, please email me directly at elaine.bennett@aceville.co.uk and I will see what I can do.

I am making the crochet peacock from the magazine and i am having trouble understanding how to do the tail. Do i have to sew the single lobes onto the lobe that you do not fasten off?

Hello! :) Once I made a dress for the contest. Each feather I made separately and then connected by the grid.

0_50cfdf_f48052e8_L.jpg