The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Aisles

Pin cushions

Well, finally sorted all or nearly all my quilting and patchwork pieces out to work on very soon to start my Christmas sewing.....last year was very ill as some of you know and hubby was undergoing surgery, so Christmas this year has got to be a lot better...Now...I have quite a lot of fat quarters which I think I will definitely use for something????? but what....maybe quilted table mats for my daughter with patterns worked out by me in purples...she absolutely adores purple. could put lavender and pink to tone those colours down and various coloured backings as have the wadding (somewhere).....I saw a Christmas wall hanging which was rather good and should be easy to make, even by hand....little triangles ...the top one had two more triangles hanging from the bottom corner and so on....in green and red with little bells between and a tiny hook at the top to hang....must make one so can show you later....but it is time for ideas everyone..September soon....so get your thinking caps on......sewing time..Lets get those reels of cotton out.....Mary

Oh, Meant to mention pin cushions.  tiny octagon shaped pieces of fabric stitched around the central octagon shape then stuffed with a loop at the top also makes a nice little present for the Christmas tree. Ah well.....still some summer to enjoy but time to think.