The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Elizajane

Monday. ...

Christmas can come, my cardigan finished, been a real challenge as still struggling to craft due to shoulder/arm plus brain in a bit of a sieve mode still.

hope your all okay

Edited by Elizajane

Morning Eliza and everyone else, not much sleep for me last night with the high wind we have, it is evil. Love your cardi Eliza and a such a rich colour.

Not much for me the rest of the day apart from our K&N fuddle this afternoon so I can have a crafty day again.

I hope everyone who has been poorly feels better.

Have a good Monday x

Hello! :)

Eliza, your cardy is gorgeous! Love the colour and the bobbles down the middle. A great make, well done! :D

Suzy, send that naughty wind over to me - it helps me sleep - and you can have a calmer night in return. :)

Well, I'm slowly getting excited about 2:30pm - think of me then! Will let you know the outcome afterwards. Cor, hope I can get through it without boucing off the walls! :lol:

I'm off for a trot up the road to burn off some of my bounciness. It's looking rather ominous out there, so brolly and a fastish step are in order I think. See you later! :)

Afternoon to you all,

i am getting a cement base laid today for a new oll tank, what a terrible time for this to be happening

lovely cardi eliza and a rich colour it looks cosy

K&f hope all expectations are met at 2.30, think i have guessed what it is

Hope the high winds die down for you suzy,

i have my other step grandaughters here today danielle is 9 and estelle is 7

so i am away to sort out a toy weaving loom they have brought with them

hope everyone is ok will catch up later

Phew what a day! OK, here's my news! One of the 6 people keeping their jobs got another job in another dept, so their place was up for grabs. I didn't go for it 'cos they were collecting names of interested people and were then going to interview them. I couldn't go through being interviewed for a job I've done for 10.5 years with possibility of not getting it. I've been through enough. Anyway, after the deadline they sent a reminder round and extended it a couple of days. At the last minute I put my name down, then regretted it thinking I'd landed myself more stress.

Well, Friday HR day come for a meeting as soon as I'm in and they tell me I'm the only one who applied! So no interview and would I take the job?! They gave me the weekend to think it over as what I do will still change drastically in the summer, but I wanted to stay originally and after a lot of thought I saw HR again today and confirmed I'd like to take the job. :D

It feels weird 'cos I couldn't say anything when I got back to my desk 'cos it was the other person's leaving do, so not the right time. My manager is going to send an email round in the morning. I'm celebrating with a freshly brewed decaff filter coffee and a dark Ferero Roche! :)

I'm also going to celebrate by starting my Christmas knitting project - as in one to do over Christmas, not for it otherwise I'd have to go rather fast! :lol: I got a beautiful skein of Artesano blue-faced Leicester in cream at the Blenheim craft fair and I'm going to make gloves. :)

Happy Monday everyone! :D

Congratulations K&F, what a weight off your shoulders now you don't need to look for another job, less stress all round for you.

Our natter and knit met for the last time this afternoon with our little fuddle (I won't need any dinner tonight), the library is closing for six months while they completely refurbish it. As to date they haven't found us a home for that period yet. For some of the older ones it is the only time they get out and see other people.

Liz how lovely to see your step grandchildren and to be able to join in their fun with a loom.

Congratulations again K&F may all your wishes come true.