The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
GrubbyLaceMaker

Arranging topics in reverse date order

Hi experts

Is it possible to have all topics displayed in reverse date order, i.e. most recent post at the top of the display, rather than having to read through the whole of the topic.  I know I can simply go to the end of the topic by clicking on the >> button.  I've been through My Control Panel but can't see a way to set this up.

Thanks

Hi,

If we were to change the order the posts display it would have to be for the whole forum and we have chosen this way of displaying the posts as it is the most common way forums are displayed and it usually makes sense to be able to read the conversation as it occurred. I understand that for longer threads this can be less intuitive but unfortunately it cannot be changed on some without changing it on all.

Thanks Bridget.  I guessed it was something like that, i.e. how the whole site had been set up.  The only reason I asked about it was I used (many years ago) to run a similar type of site and each individual was able to customise their own Control Panel, change the background design, colours, fonts, sequential order etc etc.