The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Ennyl1

Printing pages from an iPad digital copy of the magazine

Thanks for that, I will try that for patterns from the website or other zip files. What I wanted this time was to print a pattern from the digital magazine.

I have managed to do it the way Suzanne said, by taking a screen shot, emailing it to myself and printing it from my laptop.

I think I also need some sort of printing app for the iPad which might help with adjusting the size when you print out because the screen shots print out really tiny from the iPad.

So much to learn even after a year!

I just find my laptop so slow now. It needs a good sort out I think but finding the time is my problem.

But I can't see any way of saving Let's Knit into iBooks from the options that I have. At there top right the only icons are bookmark and contents 😒

Edited by Ennyl1

Hi, we are aware of the issue with the zip files not working on ipads and we will be implementing a solution hopefully in two months. In the meantime you either need to download the files on a pc - which once unzipped you can view on a ipad - or you can download an app from the app store that unzips files for you.

Hope that helps!

Hi Bridget

Thank I have now downloaded an app for zip files but my query is actually about how to print from my digital copy of Let 's Knit magazine. I can only access hem on my iPad not on my laptop and there is no option to print like there is on my other mags from Future publishing.

Any suggestions please?

Ennyl1 once you've opened your pattern in the zip file app, it will give you an option to save in iBooks so you can then print it off! If it doesn't then you need a different zip file app that does, the one I mentioned above that I tried this on does.