The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
AbstractAstra

DLA tribunal date

I do hope things go in your favour this time, it's an awful situation to be in but I do think it's important that you go and put your case to them if you possibly can.  I hope you have someone who can go with you for some moral support?  But we're behind you all the way and feel free to rant if it helps xx

Thank you, much appreciated.  My partner will be driving me but not going in with me.  At least I'll know I've done what I can after this xx

That is awful, I have experience with the job center - I didn't even qualify for any money, it was just NI credit and I learnt that it is not about helping people to get a job, it is about getting people off their books - they talk on the phone instead of booking you in and then give you a warning for being late! It is wrong and that seems to be a similar way of thinking here. Whist the stress is terrible, maybe if it does worsen your symptoms, then at least they might be harder to ignore. Do try to think positively, if there is anything that I can do, then yell. x

Thank you x They really can be horrible, so many people are being taken off their benefits when they're unable to work.  Unfortunately they are taking absolutely no evidence I've given them - they just keep saying it's evidence of my condition I'm giving them, not symptoms, and that their doctor found nothing wrong with me.  I realised recently that no matter what I provide them with, it will never be enough.  Their behaviour should be illegal x

It makes me so angry to read the troubles you are having. I just want to go and shout at the powers that be and force them to try and live under the kind of conditions they are expecting genuine people to live under. I am so, so sorry you have had to go through all of this and all of our thoughts and hopes are with you. I know it has already been sent, but no matter how awful you are feeling, you can come and talk here any time and you know we will support you.

I think the thing that makes me most angry is I see evidence, even where I live, of people who are claiming various benefits and for all intents and purposes, there seems to be no logical reason why. There is a family in our street that is absolutely notorious for it, but for some reason they are untouched. I know it is a tiny, tiny percentage and that's what makes it worse. It is because of the very few people who do use the system that hundreds and thousands of genuine people end up losing out. It is absolutely infuriating.

Sending you love and strength xx