The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Frangipane

Collectors?

Not sure what squished pennies are to be honest. I like owls too.

Old honey pots sound interesting and I like the sound of those paperweights.

What?! I only keep the old maps pristine and wouldn't dream of using them for crafting. No no no. That suggestion just gave me a funny turn. I'm thinking about collecting postage stamps. My brother used to and I really liked it. I used to help him put them into his book. I've just realised that everything I collect and I'm interested in collecting is made of paper although not the crafting type. Mmmm.

It kind of varies.  I had various collections in past years - coins, old keys, badges, postcards, soft toys (when I was a child), stickers.  I have some things I kind of collect now - postcards from my Dad, sea pottery I've found (I love treasure hunting!), panda things, charms for my charm bracelets (although haven't had any new ones for 2 or 3 years), trinkets and junk (often things people would throw out like broken jewellery, watch backs, old buttons, etc).  I don't really have any collections that I search for things to add to, except perhaps the trinkets and junk as I'm a real magpie!

When we were children my sister had a collection of erasers I loved.  All different shapes and objects, scented ones, glittery ones. 

Edited by AbstractAstra

I love to see what other people collect. I don't think I really collect anything at the moment, except maybe books, but that isn't a conscious thing. Perhaps it would be more accurate to say I 'amass' books rather than collect them with any kind of system!

When I was a very little girl, I used to collect My Little Ponies. I think my Mum still has my collection so I would love to have a little girl so I could pass them on to her. When I was a bit older, in my later teenage years, I used to collect cows and dragons.

I used to collect anything squirrel related, ie ornaments, toys, pictures and the like, but had to get rid of a lot when I moved. Kept some old favourites though.

I also collected souvenir pens which I think are still in a huge pencil-case in the loft.

Interesting topic.

x

I used to collect bookmarks, I loved the smell of the leather ones :-) but kind of stopped, mainly to save money.

I don't really want to collect anything due to the space it takes up, I don't have much! My mother has a fridge covered in magnets of places she's been, it looks great :-)