The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
susie dee

Cord closures

Hi everyone, been a while since I've been on so HAPPY NEW YEAR, albeit mid February now! 

Does anyone know what the closure is called on the friendship bracelets used by Links of London?  It is a plain rounded disc shape and the cords thread through them and tighten.  I need something very similar for a new design I'm working on and can't think what they might be called in order to search online.  They call them "toggles but toggles to us are quite different.  

Look forward to catching up with any posts.  Thanks in anticipation.

Susie x

I just had a look on their website and they just seem to use a metal bead with a large hole. These are obviously specially made for Links of London as they have their name on them.

But anything with a hole just large enough to take a double thickness of your cord would do the job. You will need to use chunky cord ends so they can't pull through and a cord that's quite a snug fit so that they will stay tightened.  

Try searching for "large hole beads" and see if anything takes your fancy.

Thanks everyone for replies.  I have started to use ordinary large hole silver beads for the design and will keep searching for something flatter.  I have several other corded bracelets (not Links) where the same kind of closure is used but I think you must be right, they are commissioned by the companies themselves.

Thanks again. 

Susie 

xxx