The Best Crafts Forums in the UK

Hello everybody :)

Happy new year!! I hope everybody saw it in well with the company of their loved ones... always the best way :)

Has anybody made any new year's resolutions, or broken any yet hehe? 

Also, I'd love to hear what goodies you received for Christmas. I must admit, I was very spoiled with a lovely variety of crafty papers. They will definitely keep me going for a little while! 

Happy crafting!

Jennifer, x

Happy new year to you too. Yep I broke one resolution this morning, I said I wasn't going to buy any more fabric of yarn till my stash had depleted but there was some fabric just asking to be bought plus some ribbon and yarn.

I had a calligraphy set from Santa and a crazy patchwork book plus my secret santa sent me a lovely hat knitting book.

Happy new year to you too Jennifer, I saw the new year in, was meant to of gone to a family party to celebrate it in, but am full of the winter bug, so instead sat on the sofa with my fiancé & watched Gary Barlow :)

My New Years resolution is to get fitter & healthier, but as I'm full of cold I'm not doing very well with this one at the mo haha.

I got a parchment craft kit for Christmas, that I've always wanted to try, but been to scared too, so will give this a go now I have a kit, also had a silk painting kit too, a book on wedding crafts, a book on making tiaras and hair pins and Tilly daydream papers :)

And a happy New Year to you.

As for New Year's Eve - at 10 to midnight, OH and I, finding ourselves still up and awake, rushed into the kitchen and made giant gin and tonics, cracked open the peanuts and called it a party!

Santa was very kind - I got a new heat gun (mine stopped working), embossing powders, a glue gun, a set of pliers, cardstock, ribbon, and a box to decorate. :)

That sounds like a great new year with the gin and tonic ;) oh and Gary Barlow too! Mine also involved a hefty G&T, but now I'm attempting to get healthy. 

Wow your gifts all sound very nice, I love the sound of all of these goodies and the parchment kit sounds intriguing, hmm! My friends and I have decided that we're going to make a mannequin this year! They're so expensive normally and it's a lot easier apparently when you have a few pairs of hands --- plus the decoupage at the end will be really fun!