The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
kerryLK

LET'S KNIT - QUESTION OF THE MONTH JULY

LET'S KNIT - QUESTION OF THE MONTH  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you most enjoy knitting for?

• Yourself
    • Your significant other
    • Family members
    • Friends
    • Babies
    • Children
    • Charity

Hi Knitters

It's that time of the month again, where we ask you our Question of the Month to be published in our next issue of Let's Knit. 

So, without any further ado - answer our latest poll and pop a comment below this post and watch to see if your name and comment make it into next issue!

Happy knitting!

Kerry

Edited by Katie Wilding

I'm lucky to be given quite a lot of yarn which I use for charity knitting. Last year I made 650 little hats for the innocent campaign in conjunction with AgeUK and this year it's blankets both for the homeless and the hospice where my father passed away 27 years ago. One of my best friends died of cancer just over a year ago, she was a great charity knitter so I am trying to carry on in her name.

I mainly knit for charity. Preemies UK who as well as provide for prem babies provide wraps, little cribs, and memory box items for angel babies to over 170 hospitals all over the UK.  They have had nearly 20,000 knitted, crocheted and sewn items since 1st Jan this year and are hoping to reach a target of 60,000 for the year.

I also knit for the homeless in Newcastle. Like Suzy I get lots of yarn donated

I love to knit for my son-in-law..He seems to set me challenges.....a while ago I knitted him a sweater..Easy enough you may say....but his (what I think, strangr interest in skulls set me to thinking..ok..work out a skull for the front and another for the back...must admit it gave me the heebie geebies to work out the pattern on a grid, but I did it and even more of the heebie geebies to knit it..but he loved it.....so job done...waht next...shall have to wait and see....