The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
knit&flee

Arabella shawl - help!

I was doing well following this lace pattern, but I've hit a stumbling block. I've got as far as completing Main Chart 1 and Insertion Set-up Chart 2. The next stage then goes on to repeat Main Chart 1 but this time with Main Insertion Chart for the middle section. The middle section has been 35+1 sts 'til now and the main insertion chart only maps 33+1, so I'm stuck. Have I missed something or is the pattern wrong? It's probably me, but I'm now stuck mid-row unable to continue. Can anyone help please?

Hi ladies,

Unfortunately we managed to mix up a couple of the labels on the charts during the page design process. What's labelled as the Main Insertion Chart should actually be the Transition Chart, and what's labelled as the Transition Chart is actually the Main Insertion Chart. If you swap these two labels over, it should all work out for you.

I've updated the Pattern Updates documents in the Knitty SOS and Let's Knit sections.

Sorry for the mix up!

A x

Hi Adrienne, thank you very much for your help, most appreciated.  And even better, sounds like I won't have to undo any of it - yay!  I'll be back knitting this shawl as soon as I get home this evening.  Soooo loving knitting this, it's the most exciting pattern attempt of my knitting career. :D