The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Holly Shackleton

Share your crafty tips here!

Am always dropping needles and pins on the floor, then finding them, ouch when I walk without slippers on........soooo....I found some magnet strips that I had bought some time ago to make fridge magnets with), and put them on the floor around where I am sewing and hey presto...sweep them around the working area when finished for that session of sewing and usually find the evasive pins and needles quite easily.  Magic......

With some craft projects, patience really is a virtue. If you don't have patience, at least have a husband that does. He can remind you to be patient. This will be either really helpful or just make you really mad, depending on the mood you are in at the time. (just impatient or REALLY impatient.) haha

Happy Valentines Day to my very patient husband.

I'd like to add to Mary's tip by saying that if you are unable to bend over, then investing in a magnet stick is a great help. You can get these cheap at DIY shops and stores. They fold up small but you can pull them out to whichever length you need.

When working embroidery with metallic thread, thread the loop through the eye of the needle then slip it over the sharp end, making a knot at the eye, still goes through the fabric OK but stops the thread sliding out of your needle....