The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Holly Shackleton

Share your crafty tips here!

Oh, wonderful....sticky tape...now why didn't I think of that?...a few weeks ago I was trying to string some beads....rolling all over the place (the beads, not me) ended upon the floor...tried peeling back corrugated card to make a channel.  tried putting beads on to a towel to stop them rolling.....even tried to make a channel out of fimo clay......finally gave up, put beads back into box and that my friends was that...out they will come when I have completed my current project.

Another recent tip...I was trying to work out how to put a zipper in a cushion in the usual position, along the edge when my 3-1/2 year old grandson dropped the zipper and it landed corner to corner......brilliant....it gave me the idea...no messing up the edge, can machine sew it on the backing of the cushion before sewing the edges round and absolutely ideal....I have now completed the cushion.......all because of a toddler....great....

To keep your ball of yarn nice and clean (we all know they can be naughtie and roll onto the floor)

Pop your ball of yarn into and drawstring bag that has plenty of room in it, then pull the drawstring tight around the yarn as it come up out of the ball to knit or crochet with.

Or use a old large plastic tube with a lid. Make a hole in the lid (mine was a bit rough so I used a rubber grommet around my little hole ) Pull the yarn up through the hole to begin knitting/crocheting :)