The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
linmal

HELP!!!! Gisela - Quick Knits Jan 2013

Has anyone knitted Gisela from the quick knits supplement in the January 2013 (LK62) issue?

I'm an experienced knitter who usually has no problems working out what a pattern means but for some reason I seem to be having a mental block with this one! :unsure:

the jacket is knitted in 2 different colours of the Austermann Cool Cut yarn but I can't see where they are changed? 

The photo doesn't help!

I'm all set to get knitting but getting very frustrated! - its a good job I have something else on the needles at the moment or I'd be climbing the walls!

Well I have searched high and low but cannot find this pattern. Other mags are there but not January and supplement.

I'll ask HQ for you 

Hi there,

There is an error in this pattern. Where it says yarn B in the pattern, it should read yarn A. Most of the design is worked in the Cool Cut Color (yarn A), and the solid colour, Cool Cut (yarn B) is introduced when you start the lace pattern.

In the Lace pattern, Rows 1 and 2 should be worked using yarn A and Rows 3 and 4 should be worked using yarn B.

The yarn amounts are correct, but in the pattern we muddled up the two yarns. I do apologise. We will be printing the correction in our next issue.

Adrienne

Edited by Adrienne Chandler

Thank you so much!

I was getting to that conclusion but wasn't sure if the sleeve ribs were solid as well I didn't want to knit them that way and then find out I didn't have enough yarn!