The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
purpleprot

Help! Looking for pattern for hand-knitted picture book

Help! I bought a magazine with a pattern for a hand-knitted child's picture book, but the magazine and yarn got lost in a house move. I am pretty sure the magazine was Let's Get Crafting, and I have no idea what issue. It came with a pair of purple, sparkly knitting needles, if I remember correctly.

I bought the magazine to make the picture book for my friend's son, who loves soft books. I'd kind of like to knit it for him before he grows out of that stage.

Is anyone able to help me locate the pattern?

Hi and welcome to the forum. The picture book at the minute doesn't ring a bell with me. If nobody comes along to help I'll get in touch with HQ for you

Thanks very much for that. You have no idea how stupid I feel, especially since I checked with his Mum before I bought the mag, and she was just as excited about the book as I was.

The yarn and the needles are not so important (although I do admit to a pang over the purple sparkly knitting needles). The pattern is the main thing. I don't want to wind up in the "bad honorary Auntie" category at such an early stage.

I guess I could make up something myself, but by the time I do that he will probably be in school and reading Harry Potter.

Hi, sorry I got sick and wasn't able to check back for a while. Adrienne, thanks for looking for me. That wasn't the pattern I saw, but I think it is just as lovely as the one I saw. There might be hope for me as an honorary Auntie yet!