The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
CmdrVimes

back... again! :)

Hi all,

I'm 37, a Mum of two, my Daughter is 14 this August and my Son is 11 this July. We live in a small village just outside Cannock with my Fiance and a few pets. (used to be a houseful, but we downsized)

I joined this forum a while back now and completely forgot that I had joined until I wanted to check all about the new Papercrafting mag that is replacing my favourite mag of all time. (so gutted!)

Anyway, craftwise I enjoy making cards, jewellery, knitting, crochet, occasional cross-stitch and occasionally sewing things!

My favourite crafts at the moment are crochet, jewellery and cards, I think cards will always be a great passion of mine, because I have so many to make throughout the year for friends and family. I make the jewellery as gifts for close family and friends, I did start making for all my family but then I realised how darn ungrateful one whole group of my family can be, so I stopped making them gifts, and I concentrate on close family and friends now.

I am learning to crochet, using Hatchett Partworks "THE ART OF CROCHET" issues, I get sent 4 issues every 4 weeks, they come with a ball of yarn each, to make the squares for the blanket. I learned to make a granny square the other day and I was really impressed with myself, considering I knew NOTHING about crochet a few months ago! :) I still have to learn the technique of making the clam shell type design, but I'm doing good with my treble, half treble and double crochet, and by following a pattern in lets get crafting (crochet hot water bottle) I have learned how to make "bobbles" in my work, I'm really chuffed! :)

Anyway, that's enough for a re-intro I reckon.

I look forward to chatting with you all and getting to know you all again.

Kind regards

Carol x

Hi Carol and welcome back. Well done on the crochet front. If you need any help just give me a shout.

Looking forward to chatting and seeing pics of your work

Hi and welcome back

My craft is also jewellery making but I keep telling myself that I will try my hand at something else and that is why i joined the forum.

I really enjoy looking around and seeing what everyone is up to.

I should get around to putting some time aside at trying something else.

Hope to see you around