The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
bahrain susie

Advanced Knitting Techniques Book?

Hi All

I am looking for a book that will enable me to expand my knitting horizons beyond cable sweaters & baby wear.

I have an yearning after colour (intarsia, fair isle etc) but the only comprehensive book I found in a craft shop here in Dubai is of USA origin so wool weights, needle sizes and measurements all need transposing. This makes focusing on the actual techniques difficult, so any suggestions of UK published books you've found helpful would be gratefully received.

Thanks

S

Hi Susie I don't have many knitting books so sorry can't help. I can only suggest you have a look on www.amazon.co.uk. I'm not sure if the post internationally but at least you can have a look and get some ideas.

Thx Goose. I use another service to get stuff from the UK to here so will take a look but was hoping to get a few recommendations of books other forumites have found useful... anyway l'll check Amazon, trouble is without actually seeing the inside of a book I never know whether or not it gives wool weights, needles, measurements etc in UK sizes.

S

Sign in to follow this