The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Naida.Ally

QUESTION OF THE MONTH - Do you like to crochet?

Oh I love to crochet! I remember a time when it just felt so awkward to do and even doing a chain was difficult, counting the stitches almost impossible and then everything just clicked into place and it all made sense. I love the fact you only have 1 live stitch to deal with at a time which makes it really easy to put it down mid row where as with knitting if I did that I'd end up losing stitches. :)

I love to do both knitting and crocheting and have been able to do both from being a child.

I got into crochet by watching someone from across the room trying to teach my mum to crochet, I picked it up and my mum still to this day is unable to crochet.

The person teaching my mum was right-handed but for some strange reason with being left-handed just did it left handed and have never had any problems

I managed to teach myself double crochet and I can chain (have no idea what am doing trying to count the chain stitches tho) so double crochet dishcloths rule as far as I am concerned. Anything else is a mystery and as for following a pattern if may as well be in a foreign language for all I would know lol.

I like crocheting simple things which are not too intimidating -

and have followed patterns in LGC sucessfully -

heart shaped bunting, Susie John's cushion,

and some of the granny squares featured in LGC recently.

I still find those little animals too scary!!