The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Su2ie

Busy Saturday!

Oh I'd better make it brief as we have a very busy day today getting the house straight for Christmas (and ready for my sister arriving tomorrow - yay!)

Quite hectic here especially as the girls decided to strip off and play at being at the beach. I'm just about to give Alex a bath so I might take some crochet in there while I watch her play in the bath.

Have a good day whatever you're doing!

Bye for now :-)

hello all, ive been wairtinfor someone to start a morning thread for about half hour lol

ive been a crafty bee lately as made soaps from scratch (not the melt and pour ones), lip balms, bath salts, bath sleep aids and now i need to make bags to put them in. so my day today is lazy wrapping :-)

OH is working again he leaves house at half 4am and has been gettin back about half 8pm so ive had loads of time to myself to work on lovely handmade xmas for people :-)

i made over 100 cookies the other day with 3 diff choc cookie recipes and put them in jars for people

im all excited now bar the train ride to brum on my own monday as OH finishing late on monday they said :-(

so what have i missed all?

Morning all. I got up early today and was in the supermarket for about 8 o clock (20 min drive to this one) there were a few people in but it wasn't too bad and only 2 people in front of me at till.

Off now to PO take today's orders and my sister needs to collect a parcel so I'll be getting wet again.

Su2ie think I'll join the girls at the beach but I'll keep my clothes on :lol:

Jennie you have been busy.

Hope you all have a lovely day. Take care

Morning all. :-) It's tipping it down here, but I managed to drag myself into town for some much needed elastic to fix my PJs that won't stay up! :lol: While I was in the sewing shop I asked about waistband alterations and they really were useless. You'd think they'd be able to show me what to do - I took my skirt in and everything - but they were flipping rubbish! :roll: I picked up a slice of chocolate cake from my fave tea shop on the way home for Christmas guzzling later. :-P When I got home I found my trousers were soaked right up the back of my boots. :red: They must touch the ground at the back now I have less waist to keep them up. I must have looked a right sight - they were mauve corduroy and went really dark where they were wet. :red:

Goose, hope the PO isn't too busy. :)

Oracle, I've had a bash at some heel instructions, but my head needs a break from all the calculations - I'm used to working in the other direction! :-S Hopefully someone will scream wildly if I've put something silly and hopefully it'll help jog your memory what you actually did on your other sock. :)

Su2ie, playing beach in this weather is a bit optimistic! :lol: Good for them! Hope you get lots of hooky in. :)

Right, chocolate cake and brain rest time. Then I might try starting my new sock recipe to see if it works. It's for actual sock yarn instead of my usual DK and it's on 2.5mm for a really fitted finish. Well, that's the plan anyway! :) Will check back later this avo. Have a good one. :-)

i will mosey on over and have a looksi now, thanks :-)

there is something with sewing with rock music blaring to keep me going and in a jolly mood.......bags made and soap wrapped for people just have to put tags on them and im done, its a relief :-)

Afternoon world. Been a busy couple of weeks here with work and such. Been out this morning to do Monday's work today so I can stay put and avoid the chaos. Got the laundry on at the moment and have completed the bathroom cleaning. No real christmas plans here just a couple of quiet days at home with the OH. I have made another crochet tote bag. Ekk - this is my 4th now. I am gong to try and put some handles together over the next coming days.

Have a lovely weekend