The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Su2ie

Busy Saturday!

Afternoon Ladies,

Just for a change it is raining here again, surely there can't be much more to come down. I didn't set the alarm last night thinking I would get an extra hour but the bin men came at 6am then my eldest phoned to say she had fallen down stairs. She couldn't put any pressure on her foot and therefore couldn't drive, so off I went to take her to A&E and my sil to work as he doesn't drive. Fortunately it is just a bit of soft tissue damage and needs to rest. So much for my extra time in bed. I'm glad I went to the farm shop the other day for my veg, it is marooned by the floods and apparently you can't get to it now. I feel sorry for them with it being the busiest time of year and all the turkey's chickens etc.

K&F I know the feeling my trouser bottoms get soaked despite taking the seams in, enjoy your chocolate cake.

Suzie- that's about right for kid's strip off in winter and refuse to do so in summer lol. Enjoy your time with your sister, I hope she arrives safe and well.

Goose- you are very brave tackling the shops today, when I came back via Arnold the shops were heaving. How much food can some people eat.

Jennie- you have been a busy bee, you make me feel tired just reading all you have done.

Suga - I keep saying I will crochet a tote bag but haven't got round to it yet.

Afternoon Folks

Have ventured out this morning...everywhere's looking so festive...I love it. :lol:

A loungey afternoon for me. Lots of cuppas...knitting and TV.

I'm sure there'll be a Christmas film on to watch!!! Hee Hee. :-)

Sounds like you're all keeping busy. :)

Have a lovely afternoon all.

Just a flying visit from me

the rain is not letting up and i have loads of gift wrapping to do and still some christmas knitting left (only 1 and a bit hats and a 4ply Ipad cover). Abi had a rough night she had a high temp and runny nose before bed last night but she seems fine today i however am shattered. If i dont get a chance to get back on before Christmas merry Christmas everyone hope you all have a lovely time.

well ive all wrapped and finished making everything its such a relief :-) now to knit my sock well attempt it :-) it doesnt matter if the socks are odd as they will only be mine :-) but i maybe poppin out tonight depends if OH ok's it or now but ive painted my nails all pretty and sparkly just incase :-)

Afternoon ladies. Everyone is o busy busy busy - a well named thread today.

Suzy hope your DD will be ok for the christmas festivities. It was't too bad at the shops I only needed a few bits and pieces. They are open again on Boxing Day.

Suga nice to see you

Dana you have a lovely Christmas too

Jennie good luck with the sock

Tracey is it time to put the kettle on ;-P

I've had a quiet afternoon and done 2nd row on my yo yo scarf.

Enjoy your evening ladies

Evening Ladies,

Here I had been crowing that I had everything done and dusted for Christmas, I looked for a box of crackers I know should have been in a wardrobe, couldn't find them, tipped out all my hidy holes to no avail, found them in the small bedroom on a shelf. Then I looked for my red table cloth, tipped the pantry out, again couldn't find it, it was in the airing cupboard why I don't know. The last thing I looked for was a bottle of Prossecco, tipped the drinks cabinet out and again couldn't find one so I put a bottle of Asti in the fridge and yes there was a bottle of Prossecco in there. At least everywhere is now tidy and found a couple of things I forgot I had.

Dana I hope Abi is better for Christmas day, have a good one.

Tracy now I've manage to sit down I think I will join you in a hot drink, mines coffee though.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Goose Lisa said they have been rammed in the Bank all day and one customer said she had queued for over half an hour in Iceland for the checkout and others were moaning about the supermarkets, as you say they will be open again Boxing Day.

It angers me that some people waste so much food by overbuying and there are people who can't afford to feed there families. There are food banks opening everywhere and we decided at work not have a secret santa but buy £5 worth of tinned or packet food each for our local one.

Right thats my rant over its time for a coffee and settle down to watch Strictly.