The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Naida.Ally

QUESTION OF THE MONTH - Do you enjoy knitting socks?

Good afternoon one and all!

The Christmas season is fast approaching, and the cold weather is well and truly here (anyone else witness the snow today?!). We've been thinking warm thoughts like comfy knitted socks... which are always a welcome addition to wear, but what about when it comes to knitting them?

This month's question is:

DO YOU ENJOY KNITTING SOCKS?

Naida :cheese:

Ooo yes! :-) There's nothing better than a satisfying sock knitting session! :cheese: I'm making a pair for someone for Christmas - shhh! :) I think I could happily do a pair every other project. I have my own basic toe-up pattern that I wrote myself - toe-up is the best way I find and then you can make your leg length as long as you have yarn left! :lol: I love all the gorgeous sock yarns about too. Plus, if you have a nice variegated yarn you don't have to fiddle about with fancy stitches as the yarn does all the work for you. :)

Yes, I love a good sock-knit - can you tell?! ;-P

I have knit a couple of pairs on 2 needles and one pair on 5 needles I liked not having to sew them up but I just didn't find them a very good fit :o(

This is going to be one of own challenges in the New Year is to try and learn how to do toe up and see if I can get them to fit any better.