The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Naida.Ally

LK61 December - favourite makes?

Afternoon everyone!

Hope all is well wherever you are and you're wrapping up nice and warm as the cold weather hones in.

Hopefully you'll all have picked up the gorgeous December issue and have witnessed first-hand the variety of patterns and the lovely little Vintage Knits book!

We struggled to pick favourites at LK HQ when it came to the welcome page, but given the festive season I opted for Travis the adorable penguin.

How about you? What were your favourites this month?

Naida :)

picked up my copy yesterday, and have just knitted the textured beanie hat "Cecily" instead of ribbon I am going to crochet a flower to pu on the side. Love the olours of wool in the free kit. and will make the ear muffs next. Watch this space for my photo of the hat will probably be able to post it here over the weekend. Just going to look to see if I can download the purse pattern now.

Hi I finished the Cecily hat and crocheted the flower, but sent it in the post this morning to my daugher without taking a photo. :red: I will text daughter and ask her to send a photo by e-mail so I can post the photo here.

The one I'm lusting after is the katerina cardigan coat,it would be a perfect replacement for my house cardi that bit the dust earlier this year,but I can't afford the wool(I need the largest size,and the total cost works out at around £90!) My second favourite is the Exhale beanie,I'm searching my stash to see if there's anything I can use instead of buying it as you don't need much wool(if not then the alternative wool in the mag is within my skinny budget!) Have you any suggestions on what else I could knit with the free wool?,It's just that I don't wear ear muffs and the neck warmer won't fit me.

My swim through my stash bucket hasn't yielded anything suitable for Exhale but,it did uncover some other interesting finds;

2 50g balls of Teddy Amorillo (shade1)

1 250g ball King Cole Bounty Double Knit (shade 13 Lilac)

10 50g balls Sirdar Tuscanny (shade 0661 Jasper)

10 50g balls Sirdar Fizz (shade0798 Sapphire)

10 50g balls Sirdar Fizz (shade 0791 Graphite)

3 25g balls Emu Filigree (shade 2208 Lilac)

3 and a half 50g balls Melandra Mohair Blend (shade 01002? Off-White)

8 50g? balls of a dark jade-ish green and black wool,it looks like 4-ply

I wonder what I could knit with that lot? :wow:

I also found a bag of random UFO's which included a small headless bear and a legless donkey! :lol:

I need a cup of tea now,and a sandwich,I wonder if there's some cheese?........