The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Aisles

What are we all knitting at the moment?

lots on my needles at the moment. Have my first ever commission, knitting 3 x bridal shrugs for a wedding on 8th December. Also knitting a baby blanket for my sister's impending arrival and have started a little socks advent calendar... phew! Enough to be getting on with!

Update on the aran car coat- I have now completed the back, one sleeve, left front and have got to the raglan shaping on the second sleeve. Looks as if a Christmas finish may be a possibility......

I've gone mad on knitting gloves to use up my odd balls of wool.....ouch..... as had knitted one red glove and the other one had picked up a different dye lot number of red in the evening, so it looked ok, but in the morning I had two odd red gloves, right hand one red, the left one a lighter red....just hope I have enough wool to make another pair with the correct matching reds. Should have realized....think the next pair may be fairisle with many colors.

All right for you to laugh Goose......you may be the recipient of odd red gloves from a certain Secret Santa............now shall have to change my idea for that one to keep it secret...(wouldn't do that to anyone though)

:lol: It may become the fashion! I am still soldiering on with my nativity. It's lovely to see the characters take shape but its very fiddly in parts. I dont like doing the arms and hands. However I am determined to finish it by Christmas even if I have to leave the donkey til next year !