The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Dreamyknitter

Saturated Saturday

Hi there Buffalogal! Yes you can get special smaller looms for socks which I think I will have to invest in at some stage. The looms I have are quite big with big pegs and only really suitable for hats and tube scarves I think although one of our ladies is bringing a book to our knitting club next week :)

Afternoon Girls

Off to our joint stag and hen do in an hour or so, we are just having a quiet afternoon and evening with all our friends in our local. I will be taking the socks with me to since my deadline is tomorrow morning so need to get them done. Just about to turn the heel on the second sock so it is going a bit quicker than the first one. Had a lovely lie in today with h2b parents having Abi it has been great, they are bringing her up to the do for a few hours this afternoon and then they are taking her home with them and we are going over to theirs tomorrow morning. I really do having amazing future in-laws.

Su2ie think i will have a look at looms sounds like great fun.

Goose glad you didnt get washed away doing the shopping

Dreamy hello. Congrats on the weight and the job. Abigail is 2 1/2 it goes so fast.

Buffalogal Enjoy your trip to the LYS dont get blown away

Had better get ready, will pop back on later

Su2ie I bought the looms and a book but haven't tried it yet. :down: The book is A beginners guide to Knitting on a Loom by Isela Phelps (look on Amazon for a peek) and it covers different kinds of looms and has hat, scarf, hand/leg warmers, chunky socks, baby jumper etc

The thunder and lightning hasn't arrived yet, maybe its going to pass us.

Hi buffalogal niceto see you

Dana are you sure its going to be a quiet aftedrnoon ;-P hope you both enjoy it.

Off for a much needed cuppa.

Oooooh Dana have fun on your stag/hen do!!!

Goose my next stop on the net is to look at a few books. DF has offered to buy me a knitting machine in mind of making it into a small "business" for me but I'm not too sure - I mean do people want machine knit stuff or would prefer hand knits? I think I'd prefer a range of looms tbh instead. And get that loom out! It's just so mega fast to make anything!!!

Anyway we've been and done a mini shop for the stuff DF forgot last night. Picture the scene - a tall stack off boxes of teabags on the corner of an isle, an accident waiting to happen - Alex in the trolley sticking out her foot as we round the corner.... :shut: And yes, me picking them all up and having to restack them :red:

Right best be off!!!!

Do you think a loom is a good investment Suz?

Hello Buffalogal and Goose and Dani89.

Just in from a birthday party and the trio are cross hungry and tired...I won't hang around, best get them ready for bed.

Have a lovely evening xxx

Dreamy yes I do think it's a great investment and they're not too expensive either. I'm about to start a hat for Ellie and watch a film. Hope you have your trio in bed!