The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
craftylynney

Anyone won anything?

Yes Crafty Lynney...I have won a few things...one though was 3 cans of spray paint......but those I passed on the Minister at the Church..He makes loads of things for the children in the congregation and I noticed this huge thing at the front of the Church he had made covering wire mesh with paper and spraying it silver.....I have no idea what it was supposed to be but am sure the children did because the next week I noticed it covered with bits of coloured paper and childrens paintings....I don't attend the Church services but do go to the bi weekly luncheons and entertainment....I was the one to entertain once last year. I gave a talk on the history of colour from the cave paintings to the present day, then how colours were discovered, through Greeks, Ancient Egyptians etc. and then did a wet into wet water colour demonstration (which could have been something great or something of a huge disaster as you never quite know what the colours are going to do...I had expected about 20 people but 40 turned up...I lost my voice en-route so was provided with a microphone.....then i gave everyone at the end one of my notelets (produced using my paintings).As there was time left from my 2 hour stint at the end I handed out pencils and paper and had them all (or those who wished) drawing hills, and trees.etc...great fun...they loved it and so did I......

Your talk sounds wonderful! I attended a lecture on pigments and colours once at a Geology Society meeting and it was absolutely fascinating and I learned a lot. The lecturer didn't get us all drawing though, I think that's a brilliant idea :lol: And I'm glad the Minister wasn't had up for doing graffiti with your prize ;-P