The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Su2ie

World Wide Knit in Public Day 2012

I just wondered if anyone had done anything for this yet or planned to this week as it's from 9th - 17th June. In previous years I used to go to the craft shop for the event but as it's closed down it's not possible this year and of course I won't be setting foot near THAT LYS lol.

Obviously our knitty group does KIP at the pub on Tuesdays so I guess I will count that as my "event" this year.

Sorry for the waffle but what's everyone else doing? :cheese:

Suzie I was just saying to Tom the other day I wonder if Suzie ever went back to the LYS now I can tell him lol.

Enjoy knitting in the pub.

Other than going to my knitting club tomorrow which is held in the Town Hall (so kind of I suppose) then no I won't be either.

I just checked on the WWKIP website and there are only about 6 events there for Ireland and most of those are in Dublin!

And you are correct - not set foot in the place :lol:

I don't even have an LYS :( It's pretty terrible where I live for knitty stuff, it's quite a trek to the nearest craft shop that sells yarn or there's Hobbycraft! I haven't found any knitty clubs near me either (not for lack of looking lol). There have been no WWKIP events near me either!! And I can't go anywhere because of my blimming broken toe to even knit on the bus or in public :-/ Think I'll start taking my knitting to work with me when I go back :)

Oh goodness Becci it sounds like a knitting desert where you are! Taking your knitting to work sounds like a good idea and you might just encourage others to give it a go. Hope you toe heals quickly :)