The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Lauren1366717255

design help

HI everyone

after a long break from jewellery making I have decided to finally start again. I have gotten really interested in diamond glaze and glossy accents and have bought some charms to make a bracelet with. I am so stuck on what theme to base my bracelet on.I want to be able to come up with my own images, but can't draw. I am not very creative after all.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you

Hiya, Lauren, and welcome!

Not everyone who is creative can draw!

:lol:

That sounds a really good idea from Gaynor!

You can google " images" on any theme.

(Shall file it away myself for future reference!)

Good luck with your creating!

Hi

I design patterns and I use things around me as inspiration. I saw some rivets in iron supports and it gave me the idea for a stripy pattern. I've used the images of wake behind a ship to create a lace image. Just look around you for patterns, then take a photo. Take lots of photos and then find the one you like best. Why do you like it? Is it the shapes, the colours, the textures. Don't try to recreate the photos just the bits you like. Most importantly, have fun!

Zoe

Be careful what online photos you use and that you are not breaking any copyright infringement...most Google images are not free to use. I like the idea mentioned of taking photographs yourself and using those as inspiration. Perhaps taking a photograph and create an abstract piece by breaking the photograph up into segments and have each one on a separate charm.

Mick