The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Nicola J

Personal Information *UPDATE*

In relation to this post, just wanted to say my mum signed up for this site and has since passed away, but my dad has got very frustrated trying to find some way of deleting her account. There should be some way of closing it down more than just clicking unsubscribe to all the notifications. I'm hoping he won't get any more emails now. I hope the site will bear this in mind.

Thanks

S L

In relation to this post, just wanted to say my mum signed up for this site and has since passed away, but my dad has got very frustrated trying to find some way of deleting her account. There should be some way of closing it down more than just clicking unsubscribe to all the notifications. I'm hoping he won't get any more emails now. I hope the site will bear this in mind.

Thanks

S L

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear of your loss.

I can confirm that the yahoo email account associated to the patgalias member account has been unsubscribed from mailings.

Please allow 24 / 48 hours for this change to come into effect.

Thanks,

Paul

So glad this has been hightlighted as I know what can happen as I run a forum that is for ladies with japanese sports cars and I know what can happen when we girls accidently let even tiny amounts of private info get onto a forum.

Any one on the internet can view an open forum they don't even had to be registered.

So be careful ladies we had to get the police involved when one of our ladies was being stalked by a man and he found out where she'd move to by trawling all the car forums untill he found her on mine due to a something very seemingly innocent in a post.

Never post any thing on the internet you don't want people to read or see. Think 'SAFETY FIRST'