The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
elainelgc

Christmas knitting... have you started??

Hoping to start in the next week or so but only have 2 or 3 knitted Christmas presents to do..

will think about more for next year and start a lot earlier.. I need to get my head around knitting winter stuff in the summer and summer stuff in the winter...

I've started too but only done 2 items so far, both hats for my eldest son and his fiancee. I plan on having a go at the Scott, Kirk and McCoy patterns from the new LK too and I've been rummaging through my stash as well as buying a few more justified (because they're for pressies) balls of yarn :lol:

Last year I made everyone Poinsettia table decorations for Christmas and ended up still making them into June this year for people that saw family's and just had to have a set for themselves. As soon as they were finished then started on the presents for this year, which were completed within 2 months and that was doing Jumpers for my great nephews and hats for people. They always love the surprise of what they get but normally they know if it is something to wear as ask what colour are they most likely to wear or not to wear and go from there. All the presents are now wrapped up awaiting Christmas to arrive and have been wrapped since 3rd September.

I wore my Jolie cardigan today and few people that I know saw me whilst doing my shopping and have now got orders from them for me to knit them one so they can give as a Christmas present to their family.

I am making ponchos for the little girls, hats and scarves for the boys and sue-bags, hats and scaves for friends. Though at the moment Christmas knitting is on hold for baby knitting. Last year I made hats, scarves and shrugs for family members.

Crumbs, there's some busy folk here. Knittingholic, that's quite a task to take on making cardigans - good for you!

I'm just going to make a few decorations, some of which will make their way onto Christmas cards. I might take a few in to work to see if can make a few bob for the charity pot.

Victoria x