The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Andieu

uhoh, newbie making a Sue bag!!!

I've had to give it a go....I've finished my hat and scarf and now wanted to make something for my daughter. I couldn't find a pattern that i liked and then I saw the Sue bag. It's perfect...my daughter is only 5 and obsessed with bags!!

The first yarn I ever bought was off ebay and was an horrendously bright pink dk (didn't look that bright on the screen!!) and I've never used it! So here it is with a burgundy and a white to tone it down a bit!! I'm not very fast at knitting so this is what I got done last night....oh and I don't have and 12mm needles, so instead of 10&12mm; sizes I've used 8 and 10mm. ( if anyone knows how I would need to alter the pattern by to make the bag to it's original dimension on the smaller needles, I would appreciate the advice, as I can't really afford to get some more needles right now.)

IMAG2458.jpg

I've ordered some black circular handles so fingers crossed they fit!

Never knitted on big needles before....I LOVE it!! :cheese:

Do you really need it any bigger, if it's for your daughter?

The smaller needles should scale it down perfectly for her :-)

Nope, it will be perfect for her on the smaller needles.....but I want one :cheese: I'll have a hunt around on ebay for some 12mm needles and make myself one.

Hi, i am newish to knitting and want to knit some bags i have seen in Lets Knit, but i was wondering are the bags usable as i thought they might stretch if you put anything in them.