The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
pooie

knitting in progress at the moment

At the present I am making a knitted sheep, for my youngest grandson, then I intend to start a knitted bunny for one of the other grandchildren, not decided on who yet, lol ,but seeing that I have 10 to choose from........ my needles and crochet hooks are always busy :lol:

Look forward to seeing the finished bits and bobs.

It's great to have lots on the go. I finished a knitted doll just before Christmas that had become a bit of a chore and now I feel a bit lost. I've not been able to pick up any of my other WIPs, I feel I need to starting something fresh, yet know that I really ought to finish some of the other stuff first....... so instead I've just been sitting down with a cuppa reading back issues of LK!

Current WIPs: Aran jumper for my nephew who lives in Madrid (gets very cold there in winter) but I think it's been too long on the needles and it won't fit him!

"Pop" jumper for myself - halfway up the front now so getting there.

Crochet coasters for my mum (she asked for them back in October).

Crochet throw - just on the last leg of the edging

Crochet patchwork double blanket - I've done about 250 of the 400 "patches" I need

Knitted patchwork knee blanket (made of the scraps of yarn that I tie together to make one great big ball).

D'you know, I think that's it! Only 6 WIPs! I think I'll finish the big crochet throw next.

Hey, writing it down has helped me to focus and I know have a plan for the way forward. Thanks everyone

:-)

Victoria

My current WiPs are:

The LK Cricket Sweater - done the back and about a 1/4 of the front. It's looking brill

The LK Christa beaded shrug from issue 19 - I started it when the issue came out :red: I've just got the sleeves and sewing up to go but haven't touched it in 2 years...

A pair of socks in a gorgeous pinky/blue/purle yarn. I've got to the heel on the first one and will do the rest one day

A summery vest top in a herringbone kind of pattern that is currently a grand total of 2 inches long, that was last year's "I'll wear it this summer" project - hah!

My Knitting Olympics entry - it was a take on the LK tabard top from issue 29 but after the olympics I ripped out the buttonbands to redo them properly but, err.. haven't.

That makes six too!

I've also wound the yarn for the LK Mystery Shawl but that doesn't count as a WiP because I've not cast on yet!

It is my new year's resolution to do all these things though so ask me again this time next year...

:) x

Not so much knitting in progress for me but crochet as I'm making a large granny square out of the left over wool from my blanket. I do plan on making the toy for Alexandra from the latest LK too as I have loads of oddments of DK.

Don't think its a good idea to list all my UFO's though..... :lol:

As I said in my other post, I've got ducks on the needles at the minute.

I don't think I should list my UFO's either... it'd be a huuuuuge list! There's a jumper that's been sat in one of my bags for about 4 years with only the back done and half the front. 8-/ It was meant for my nephew, but I think he might have outgrown it by now. :lol:

I am making Alan Darts March Hare at the moment got about half way on his body, only started it yesterday (13.2.2011).......i would like to get him finished by Friday but i dont think i will............we are off to a Craft Fair at Braintree on friday and i am bound to find something there i want to knit........