The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Mazzjack

Make Jewellery magazine - Issue 18 - October 2010 - 2 different versions????

Thanks Melissa for attempting to sort this out.

I was just wondering, as it currently appears to be Tesco's fault, will they offer to replace the normal magazine with the Tesco exclusive version? As long as we pay the extra obviously!!! This would be great however, I have not kept the receipt for the magazine that I bought. It would be helpful if you could check what their stance would be in this situation?

Many thanks

I'd also appreciate you looking into that too Melissa, as I've ended up buying the ordinary version too and would much rather have payed the bit extra for the special edition with the beads, thanks, Helen

I went to morrisons yesterday and saw this months issue of make jewellery magazine with the bead kit attached i did not notice the different price but there was only one issue on the shelves. I was upset that i sbuscribe to the magazine but we are not given the option of the bead kit.

Ive only had two subscrip magazines, i had silver butterflies in one. i didnt know about any offers

I cant believe tesco removed the beads! Youre offering to pay extra afterall

Hello everyone,

We've now had an update on the situation with the Tesco exclusive version of the magazine. It seems that the problem was caused by Tesco failing to update their system, but this has now been rectified and all stores have been advised to make sure they are displaying the £7.99 version if they had removed them from sale earlier. If anyone has bought the £4.99 version from Tesco already, and want to exchange it for the version with the bead kit, you would need to check with the store where you purchased it from. However, if anyone would like to purchase just the bead kit from us, we now have some spare, but we would need to charge £5 each - however this would include the cost of postage. There are four different kits, but we can't guarantee which version will be sent out to individuals. Thank you for your patience.

Best wishes,

Melissa Hyland

Deputy Editor

Hi everyone

I went back to Tesco yesterday evening and took the standard version of the magazine back.

I asked to speak to the Duty Manager and explained the situation to him. He agreed to replace the standard version of the magazine with the Tesco exclusive version despite me not having a receipt and so I now have my bead kit!

However the Tesco exclusive version was still not on their system and so I only paid £4.99 and not not the extra.

If anyone else is in the same situation I was, the above is worth a go.

Good luck

Mazzjack

I just had the same problem in our local Tesco's - except they only had the bead kit version on display and nothing to say it was a Tesco exclusive. It took me 25 minutes and 4 levels of management to get served.

I was going to come on here and moan like hell about the 60% increase in cover price LOL, now it just seems like a case of poor communications from those involved in a communications industry.