The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Giddyknits

Real Life or Serious stuff - post here please xx

Su2ie, have you tried keeping a food diary to see what's triggering your migraines?

My youngest daughter used to suffer regularly with migraines until one very kind doctor explained that, although the common triggers are cheese, chocolate and red wine, everyone has their own particular trigger - her's turned out to be oranges! And not just fresh oranges, but anything with a citrus fragrance.

Hope you're feeling better soon - and you, too, Buzy

Thanks Sue - yep have tried to work it out through food too - thought it was red wine for a while but its not, then citrus and also no and also quite a few other food suspects have been eliminated. I do know its hormonal as usually triggered a few days before my monthlies but with being preggers my hormones are all over the place so I seem to suffer at just about any time in the month. Not sure how you can cure hormonal?

Cure the hormones, or do as you are doing and carry on!

Mine are caused by my sleep disorder, and my habitual tendency to let myself dehydrate. I have one now actually, but not being pregnant I can at least knock it out with drugs. Can't carry on as normal with it though, I lose my co ordination and then my ability to talk properly. I usually just go slower, and do very little.

Suzie, I discover through talking to my wool lady on the market that she has migraines and was told by the hospital that bananas are a common trigger and any food that goes black when left in the air (my mum hadn't heard of this and she's a sufferer so just thought i'd mention it)

Hope they ease off soon for you

as a fellow headache killer sufferer part of my epilepsy and brain scarring you have my utmost sympathy. i must admit i went thru all the painkillers on the market often ending up in hospital for morphine shots. anyway one doctor tried me on beta blockers and it worked for me! i have an almost normal life now well as normal as it gets lol! it might be worth asking your doc for them. sending you big hugs xxx