The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Giddyknits

Real Life or Serious stuff - post here please xx

bless you both you are so kind. i think i am getting better in a way re eating as i dont make myself sick now and i can now eat out at one time i would only eat off one place one fork etc it was a nightmare and another time i would only eat baby food. at the moment my diet is limited like for instance i will only eat a fish and a spring roll if we go to the chippy on a friday night i wont eat potatoes meat etc. i dont think i will ever manage to eat meat but i know i have to eat veg and fruit, i tend to live on cheese jam on toast muesli chocolate ice cream and thats about it. i really forced myself tonite i had a bit of rice a little bit of baked courgette and some quorn. i have struggled to keep it down (sorry) all night but i am hanging on in there i cant say i liked it but i am sure it would help as i get very very constipated for 6 or 7 days then i end up in agony in the loo all day and bleeding which the doctor says has to stop

Laura I think half of the problem is facing up to your eating problem which you are so obviously doing and that is a very big step towards getting better. And hey there are plenty of vegetarians out there so I don't think you have to worry too much about not eating meat if you can't face it right now. Just concentrate on getting better one step at a time :)

Oh my goodness me. I am in awe of all my lovely knitting friends. I dont even use the word Virtual anymore, you're all classed as my proper friends.

Laura - you've come a long way baby! I reckon you're on the final lap now and you'll get there - especially now we're all behind you xxx

Am so glad i've started this thread - all this deep and meaningful chat would have been lost in the daily thread, like someone shouting up in a noisey room.

lotsalove

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Laura I think you are very brave.

I am thinking about Buzy too, she is such a gem on the forum, with all her knitting experience to share, and a good attitude to everybody.

Friends that you see live can be harder to talk to, plus you know on the net that if people are too busy or not comfortable with the topic, they can just skip this thread. It is here for those that want to use it, and it beats suffering alone when people are here to try to help if they can.

Suzie I'm glad that all went well with your scan!!

Laura - as everyone has already said we are all here to support each other. Remember, you are an amazingly strong person to keep going. Take pride in yourself and all you do! My best friend suffers with depression (amongst many other things) a major factor for this was being abused as a child. This impacts on every single aspect of her life. Being part of her support network has really opened my eyes to how strong she is, even when she is at her lowest point with razor blade in hand. Be strong and enjoy the little things! x

laura *BIG HUGS*

i was a self harmer stopped about 4/5 years ago....covered in scars mentally and physically. i left home about 14 for reasons i dont wish to mention which has lead to me suffering with depression ....i kinda know the feelings and thoughts but am happy your takin the humungous steps to gettin better

knitting was the best thing that actually helped me as i got into freindship groups on here and in shops and now in my knitting club...plus the finished project gives u a feeling of acumplishment (spelling?)

we are all here for u and between all our expieriences we can put the world to rights lol