The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Giddyknits

Its Wednesday and its Waining!!!!!

Hello ladies, I'm back for a few days!

Tough old week at my mums: my Nan (dad's mum) moved into a care home about a year ago as she has dementia, and we had to put her house on the market to afford to keep her in there. The house has now been sold and is completing on Friday, so I've spent the week sorting through and clearing her house. It's been very sad for me as my Nan and I have always been very, very close: she spent a lot of time looking after me when I was little and my brother was in frequently in hospital. We've had to be really ruthless and get rid of a lot of things we would have loved to have kept because we're all so short on space (and there's only so many tea services you can use!) but it has been very tough. The worst thing of all has been she no longer recognises me at all, and I don't think that memory is ever going to come back. Having said that, she's happy enough in the home and she was delighted with the knitted toy I gave her (admittedly it was one I'd made a few years ago and found when clearing the house!) she fussed over it for ages and was genuinely delighted.

I've been running with the dog a lot, but also stuffing my face, so I don't expect I've lost any weight! never mind. I'm here for a couple of days then off again with OH for 2 weeks: my normal cat feeder is away, so is my back up one, so I'm hoping my neighbour might feed her while I'm not here or I'll have to think of a plan C. I hate leaving her alone, but foolisly I didn't get her used to catteries when she was little so I think she'd never speak to me again if I tried it now. I'm considering taking her there for a night in a few weeks time to see how she gets on, as her vet also runs a cattery and I know I can trust them (and all the staff know her)

right, off to finish my Bear In A Bag (possible xmas pressie: sorry to freak you all out!) and catch up on events on here!

Hello ladies, I'm back for a few days!

Tough old week at my mums: my Nan (dad's mum) moved into a care home about a year ago as she has dementia, and we had to put her house on the market to afford to keep her in there. The house has now been sold and is completing on Friday, so I've spent the week sorting through and clearing her house. It's been very sad for me as my Nan and I have always been very, very close: she spent a lot of time looking after me when I was little and my brother was in frequently in hospital. We've had to be really ruthless and get rid of a lot of things we would have loved to have kept because we're all so short on space (and there's only so many tea services you can use!) but it has been very tough. The worst thing of all has been she no longer recognises me at all, and I don't think that memory is ever going to come back. Having said that, she's happy enough in the home and she was delighted with the knitted toy I gave her (admittedly it was one I'd made a few years ago and found when clearing the house!) she fussed over it for ages and was genuinely delighted.

I've been running with the dog a lot, but also stuffing my face, so I don't expect I've lost any weight! never mind. I'm here for a couple of days then off again with OH for 2 weeks: my normal cat feeder is away, so is my back up one, so I'm hoping my neighbour might feed her while I'm not here or I'll have to think of a plan C. I hate leaving her alone, but foolisly I didn't get her used to catteries when she was little so I think she'd never speak to me again if I tried it now. I'm considering taking her there for a night in a few weeks time to see how she gets on, as her vet also runs a cattery and I know I can trust them (and all the staff know her)

right, off to finish my Bear In A Bag (possible xmas pressie: sorry to freak you all out!) and catch up on events on here!

I think we have enough things that are freaking us out thanks very much Hatfull! :lol:

Sorry to hear you've had such a rough week, sorting through personal belongings is tough at any time but when your Nan is so ill it must be heartbreaking (((hug)))