The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Su2ie

Wistful Wednesday!

Hi Buzy - sorry to hear yet another bad night :-S Browse for a LONG time in the chilled section to cool down :-) Years ago when I worked at Sainsbury's in the chilled bit it was heavenly in the summer and shhh don't tell anyone but sometimes I would take my shoes off and stand on the freezing metal plates out in the main chiller to cool off if I was too hot ;-P

Giddy know what you mean - know some people genuinely can't look for work who are on benefits but i used to get so annoyed with the neighbours when I was in the UK who were overheard saying they had to sign on but no way were they going to look for a job when they got everything paid for. Even the OH said his mate will HAVE to look for a job - no reason why he can't work but he will find any excuse going not to train at anything or even look for a job and his poor partner tries to do everything she can to bring in the money!

Anyway I'm showered now but still feel very hot and bothered. Its so close today even though there are threatening black clouds. Oh and the banana cake is in but is taking longer than 50 mins so I've turned down the oven so the top doesn't burn to make sure it cooks through. And I've received another letter from the hospital for a scan on 7th July!! Will have to ring them - must be due to them losing letters left right and centre :lol:

Sorry me again! Just received this line in an email from Netmums....

Are you struggling with the World Cup?

It is a sad fact that domestic abuse and relationship problems can increase during the World Cup times. We have support and advice for you if things are hard right now.

:gulp: :blank: I just thought this fact was rather sad...... Hope no one on here is suffering......

Hi all.. just about made it while its still morning. Much better night last night (thank goodness) .. am resally peed off this morning though, have just received an email from school saying that the kennels that sophie was supposed to be doing work experience with next week(!) has pulled out today grrrrrr how bl**dy unfair! This lweaves her sitting in the library fro 2 weeks while everyone else is doing theirs! I wouldnt mind, she volunteers at the library so its not as if she would lr=earn anything new! Its SO unfair, she is such a hard worker and she was so looking forwrad to working with animals (she wants to be a vet) GRRR sorry folks am off loading on you! Have spent the morning ringing around lots of rescue contacts, but it is so late in the day to sort these things..

xxxwill csalm down and be back later have a good day xx

Carol that is VERY annoying - had a similar prob with DS2 where right at the last minute they were phoning around places to try and get him work experience on a Friday at 4.30pm when he was supposed to be on work experience the following Monday. In the end I took him into work with me :blank: Mind you things certainly haven't changed much as my work experience was in the school tuck shop and I'd asked to be placed in an office!!!!! I do hope you manage to find a place for her :)