The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
thistledown

beware of phone scammers claiming to be from microsoft!!!!!

I had one yesterday claiming to be from PC Doctor telling me to check my computer for bad files that had downloaded......I knew it was a scam straight away she asked me to turn my computer on, I questioned the girl, she just kept repeating the same things, I told her I hadn't reported anything.........she put the phone down......they're getting our names from the phone directory, I know this because I use another name in the directory and it's by this name that they call me....and I'm guessing the callers aren't in this country either.

Think I'll do what my friend does.....put on a daft voice, and give duff information and after a few mins just leave them talking to themselves.

x

This is not the only scam that has been going around in the last few months, but also one from people posing to be HMRC paying tax refunds. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE ignore this as unknowingly I got caught out with this and gave my bank account details for the money to be refunded to me and had to close my bank account down urgently once I'd realized it was a scam. This one is really clever, as it somehow linked directly to the hmrc website and had an 'online' form to fill in to put your account details into.

yes think ive had one of them too michelle about taxes but ignored it .other thing is the scare tactics they use to get you to do what they say.they were telling me the hard drive on my computer would crash and goodness knows what else!