The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Su2ie

Bank Holiday Monday (UK & NI) (NOT ROI!)

Afternoon all! Well the weather's gone downhill & has looked like rain for ages......... Hope it holds off so Chris & 10,000 don't get wet. I've finished a bunny today & will start on a friend for him in a mo.......... then I'll do a few teapot jumpers for the 1 that's finished & all lonely on it's own.....

Susie - hope bunny's settling............

k&f - hope you get a bed for the night ............... YMCA or Youth Hostel? Just an idea if all's booked up.......

Have a good evening all & I'll see you tomorrow .......... Nighty night xxx

Well that was probably a good swap, Suzie, a rabbit probably won't be so hard to manage with a toddler. I hope he is not related to the giant rabbit that lives in Sussex, that one is over three foot long!

didnt Wallace and Gromit catch him RC???????

evening all

well, the trip to my mums went well, apart from warwick have 2 (or was it 3? i forget) meltdowns - cant get his own way y'see - its a devil to understand when you're 2.5 !!!

i've done some to my cardi this afternoon while warwick played, then he FINALLY let me sort out his poorly hand (got himself a splinter on the fleshy bit by his thumb) - i let him look at the pics on my phone - but then he tripped moments later and bashed his forehead on the corner of his little table :-( - he's ok though, cuddles off mummy and daddy and some bump cream and he was off playing with his football cards - my heart was in my mouth though!!!!

i'm going to potter about now, so i'll wish you all goodnight - lotsalove everyone

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Evening all

Been to see Dave's sister so he could fit some security lights for them and while we were there she gave me some wool :) Then we went to see my mum and dad, it's my mums birthday today.

Daniel's in bed, Dave's sat on the floor servicing a lighting desk, Murder She Wrote's on the tv and i'm going to do some knitting :)

An update on Paige, i've done one of the buttonbands twice now, once picking up the stated number of stitches and the second time picking up a few more stitches, the edge of the main piece is now starting to look a bit haggard! Both times once i've cast off it is very puckered, i've decided to add a few more stitches and knit them seperately then sew them on. They said it was ideal for a beginner as no shaping but shaping is a piece of cake compared with picking up 164 stitches. I'll let you know when I finally get it finished :)

Nice to see other peoples pics, Dreamy and Buzy :)

Well that was probably a good swap, Suzie, a rabbit probably won't be so hard to manage with a toddler. I hope he is not related to the giant rabbit that lives in Sussex, that one is over three foot long!

:lol: I hope not! The ones she was with were probably that big tbh but not sure if there were mixed types. We know she's not a dwarf bunny anyway so I'm hoping for something in between :)

Buffy I normally measure the bit that needs stitches picking up then divide it with stitch markers and work out how many stitches I need in each "block" - I've found this helps with getting it even :) Good luck!

Giddy poor HRM! Hope he's on the mend :)

Buzy did Chris and the 10,000 escape the rain?

Squeakie hello too :-)

K&F any luck with the accommodation yet ? :-S

Well I have made a start on the dress for Ellie's dolly but yawning away here so have put it down. Its shameful that I have only managed 11 rows :red: Oh and I've got to iron the OH's shirt before I go to bed yet! And before anyone suggests he does it himself its like this - if he makes an absolute mess of it then people will think its me who can't iron so I'm not letting him do it NO WAY :lol:

He sounds a bit like Jack Duckworth Suzie (absolutely no offence meant there) it's just a long time ago we (Mum, Dad & I) were watching Corrie together (I'm going back maybe 20 years here) and Jack said in the pub 'a sure-fire way to get out of doing something in the future is to make a mess of it the first time'!!!

How true :lol:

Glad to hear you're all well.

Helen - god love you! I know what you mean that the edge is getting tired looking, would you consider knitting the band separately and sewing it on afterwards?

Giddy - hope HRM is on the mend.

Everyone else - sorry...blank!

Just in from choir practice and wrecked (and starving) so off to sort out some food and get to bed...chat tomorrow xxxxx Dreamy :)