The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Giddyknits

Pleased to meet you!

Hi! I'm Buzy & I'm 54 yrs old............. I'm the one who has "Senior Moments" on here. I've been married to my soul mate for 33 yrs next month & have a daughter of 31 & a son of 29. My daughter lives with her partner & my son's married & in the process of adopting his beautiful 4 yr old stepdaughter ........... she's the apple of our eye :cheese: She brings such joy & laughter to us........ & lots of cuddles ......They all live in Southampton which is about an hour's drive away from where I am in Littlehampton ............. just along the coast from RC. My nana taught me to knit when I was 4 & I've never stopped ........... I now do it for my living having had to retire from work with a chronic illness called Fibromyalgia. I also love to crochet, sew & paint canvases to keep me out of mischief ................ & I love to sing in our church Gospel choir too........

Oooh what a good idea!

Well I'm Suzie, 43 (no surprises there!) I live in South West Ireland in Co. Kerry with my OH, our daughter Ellie who is 3 1/2 and our little kitten Blueberry. I have 2 grown sons aged 21 and 19 who both still live in the UK in Shropshire where I lived most of my life until 2 years ago. I'm a SAHM while my OH works in the aviation industry. In my previous life I've been an administrator in various schools and colleges. Anyway we've been together 7 years in October and have been saying for the past 5 years we're going to get married but life just gets in the way!

I started knitting when I was 20 then gave it up until I think about 5 years ago, stopped for a while after Ellie was born then took it up again I think about 18 months ago when I needed a hobby to stop me going stircrazy in my new found role as a SAHM. I've recently learned how to crochet too and love it! Coming on here really helped save my sanity too as I knew no one when we moved to Ireland and it gave me loads of friends to talk too and knitting has also helped me make friends over here too so my hobby really has been a lifesaver :cheese:

I do write too but I'm afraid its been pushed to the side somewhat by the knitting :red: One day I hope to get a book published but that's about as likely as me giving up knitting :lol:

Thanks everyone who has added themselves so far.. its great to have an at a glance intro thread. I've been getting quite confused trying to follow who's who, so it's lovely to have more of a picture in my head. Hey perhaps we sould start a photo thread!!

Sounds like the forum and all its friendly folk has been a great source of friendship and support, especially to those living in remote areas! I'd struggle with that I think.. (you can take a girl out of london, but you can't take london out of a girl!!)

come on people, keep those intros coming xx

Hello

Im Dwana, but no-one calls me that (mainly cos no-one pronounces it properly), everyone calls me Dee

Im a 45 year old divorced single mum with 2 girls - DD1 and DD2, aka Kara, aged 13 and Lauren, aged 10.

I live in Exeter, Devon with a totally insane white collie cross called Snowie and two houdini like hamsters.

Ive just started an ECDL course with a view of getting back into the labour market after giving up work as a Civil Servant 5 years ago.

I have a condition called Hyper-mobility Syndrome (HMS) which is a genetic condition where Im lacking a protein in the tendons and ligaments around my joints. This means they can pop out whenever they feel like it, resulting in loads of falls, bumps and bruises. Unlike Buzys condition which has come on recently Ive had mine all my life, so Ive learnt to work around it, I also dont suffer as much as she does with fatigue and 'oumphlessness', as long as I keep taking the tablets. It can be quite amusing sometimes watching peoples reactions when something dislocates and I then pop it back in again myself.

Im currently under-going treatment for anemia and a (in my opinion) rather large fibriod.

Knitting is my first love, I was taught at the tender age of 6 by my big Sis, and Ive been clicking away ever since

well i am jennie and i am 23 years old been knitting properly for about a year now but i think i was taight to knit string when i was little.

i live with my partner of 4 years this xmas eve :-)

i have a pet turtle called touche and soon to get my lil bunny (who is a huge bunny)back from birmingham.

i am currently in college doing a health studies course and do eventually want to become a midwife, although i think i may have to put goin to uni on hold for another 5 years to save money and help my partner out with income. so hoep to work in a care home or somethin on those lines in between.

i do many other things like writing, drawing, crochet (ish) and tattooing.

i run the local knitting club :-) and love it

what a good idea this was :-)

Hi im Michelle I live near Manchester with my OH and 5 of my 7 kids,a very mad dog who seems to think I dont mind him biting my feet and hands hmm .My kids are age 22,20,11,10,7,3 and 2 phew.Ive been knitting on and off for about 23 years.I erm.... I erm.... well er I have been lurking on here and the other site so I feel like I really know some of you already,ive laughed with you and cried with you and you all keep me sane ish lol,so thank you all x x x x x x