The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Su2ie

Stash Confessional 2010!

At the suggestion of Jennybloggs here's a new thread for you to show off your stash, confess to its enormity or update us on how well you are doing diminishing the mountain of yarn slowly overtaking your home!

Go on - get it off your chests and confess :cheese:

Last time I actually felt a lot better as I realised my stash wasn't that bad, closely followed by a touch of the green eyed monster as I saw other peoples beautiful woolly madness :-)

Well my confession is that when I picked up that load from Portsmouth, I thought I would not need to buy yarn for years.

Wrong.

It has been great going through it, separating out what is good for my charity knits, letting Husband choose some for bits for him, then there was the "that's mine" moments, and sharing some bits with friends on here. However, brilliant as that find was, there is still tons of "want to do" projects where none of what I already have will work. I'm just sitting here now, having a rethink of what I really want to make, and how to ensure stash reduction by matching what I want to make with yarn I already have.

hiya

well, my confession is that i am seriously thinking of selling some of my stash! its stuff i have had for ages and ages and never ever think to knit with it. it either doesnt match the pattern i'm using, or the colours wrong if it is the right type.

so, i may be offering a list pretty soon - obviously wont advertise it for sale on here, but could email folk or something.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

RC I know exactly what you mean, especially for larger items. Despite all my stash I still need a large quantity of cotton so I can crochet myself a summer top :-S

Giddy OMG! Selling stash? My blood just ran cold! Mind you if it means being able to buy wool you really want for a project that's a good idea :-)

Don't forget if you want to share pictures of your increased (or decreased) stash show them here :cheese:

hiya

well, my confession is that i am seriously thinking of selling some of my stash! its stuff i have had for ages and ages and never ever think to knit with it. it either doesnt match the pattern i'm using, or the colours wrong if it is the right type.

so, i may be offering a list pretty soon - obviously wont advertise it for sale on here, but could email folk or something.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

That's a great idea, but what about putting this list up on the Swap Shop?