The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
Su2ie

Easter Saturday!

Hello all!

Very excited about the party tonight, I have to say! Combined going and collecting my parcel with my morning run, which was great, but unfortunatly it was pouring with rain! I looked like a drowned rat by the time I arrived there! (And they must have thought I was mad going out without a coat on!) I think I'm going to have to invest in a proper waterproof running top soon, if this weather continues! Been to the supermarket, which was lovely and quiet (lots of people must have gone away!) and have just begun making some hot cross buns. I'm trying a new recipe this year, (Something For The Weekend recipe) but it says you have to leave them for 12 hours to rise: that seems like a very long time to me! Has anyone else tried this recipe yet? Do you think it might have been a typo?

In other news, just finished a load of washing, nearly half way through the final sleeve on the bloomin' bed jacket, going to settle down with the Home And Away omnibus and a cuppa to try and get it finished today. Also slightly worried about the cat, she was sick 3 times yesterday (luckily I realised every time and managed to shove her outside!) and she seems to be drinking a lot as well. She seems ok in herself, and she's not been sick today, but I'm going away on weds and I'm just a bit worried about her 8-/

Have a new recipe to try for tea tonight, which I need to time well so I don't miss Dr Who!

Jennie: good luck with the presentation, hope it all goes ok.

Angel: Hope you've recovered! I hate that feeling, hope you manage to enjoy the rest of the day

Hello All

Wasnt on yesterday as we popped over to see the folkes.

They're as well as can be expected, although Dad seems to be getting very forgetfull, it may be the start of Altzhiemers (sp). The last time I went over they had bought a new stereo and I set it up for him and showed him how everything works while Mum wrote out a crib sheet for him (the supplied instructions were VERY confussing) Yesterday he didnt remember that I was the one that set it up for him and showed it to me as if it was completely new, asking me to show him how it worked. It could be the medication hes on, of course, apparently to can have an effect on the memory. :down:

Other than that we had a lovely day. Mum gave the girls some lovely bits for Easter and we had a scrummy beef dinner -

Hello All

They're as well as can be expected, although Dad seems to be getting very forgetfull, it may be the start of Altzhiemers (sp). The last time I went over they had bought a new stereo and I set it up for him and showed him how everything works while Mum wrote out a crib sheet for him (the supplied instructions were VERY confussing) Yesterday he didnt remember that I was the one that set it up for him and showed it to me as if it was completely new, asking me to show him how it worked. It could be the medication hes on, of course, apparently to can have an effect on the memory. :down:

Other than that we had a lovely day. Mum gave the girls some lovely bits for Easter and we had a scrummy beef dinner -

Hello All

EEEK! what happened there??!?!?!?

Sorry not quiet sure how I managed to post that 3 times :lol: I hadnt even finished typing!

TO continue........

Had a text last night from the PTA chair, We made over £500 at the Easter Fair. Thats 1/3rd of the total we need for the swimming next term, isnt that wonderful?

With what we've raised thro bingo and other events we should be able to send the whole of key stage 2 swiiming for the whole of the period. Im really chuffed.

Took some photos of the bunny and the eggs bags which I'll post when I have a chance

Gotta do some work in a bit after Ive done the veggies for tonights dinner - roast chicken (were having it today rather than tomorrow cos Sundays are 'Veggie' days, so Sunday roast has become Saturday roast :cheese: ) then some knitting and the party at 7.

I may be a few minutes late as DD1 has a party herself tonight and has to be there at 6.30.

Right off to do some veggies

ooohhhhhhhhh, roast chicken! I'm not doing a roast tomorrow, but I think I might suggest to my mum that we do a roast on weds night...although, on the One Show last night, they were talking about cooking rabbit, and I know mum's got one in the freezer, so maybe we'll have that instead.

I think I worked out the hot x buns problem: 1) I forgot to put an egg in the 1st batch, so had to start again >:-( 2) I think they will need to rise for quite a long time, for some reason you don't activate the yeast in warm milk or water seperatly before you make the dough, which I've never done before... hmmm... Oh well ladies, they should be ready to sample in time for the party tonight!