The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
RC7

Knitting Accountability 2010

That's a great idea for a Pledge, Andrea, the whole idea is to get a hand with anything you want to improve about your own knitting habits, and we are all good at some things and missing out on others. With starting a local group, you never know who else you could be helping, because a lot of good friendships start over simple things like knitting.

I'm having an interesting personal adventure with my Pledge. First odd result is a disinclination to read Let's Knit (scary huh?), because I don't know how to look at the thing without getting any big ideas. Then I actually thought a bit harder about how to go about some of the ideas that are on my lists, because I haven't got anywhere else to take my thoughts...so there should be an improvement in the quality of my knitting already. I'm still a bit daunted by the thought of how long it is going to be before I can go dreaming up new garments and bags here though. I am guessing it could be six months to half way through the list, and I don't think I have ever gone that long without inventing some kind of bag. Although, I am only banned from knitting ideas...there is always sewing ;-) .

OK, OK, I'm the first to fail her pledge...................... but its in a good cause which i'll explain.

As most of you know, we dont have a car at the mo and my mum lives about 15 miles away. With the bad weather, we cant even bite the bullet and meet for lunch like we have done before to get her out of the house and i feel, well, isolated from her and a bit useless if i'm to be totally honest.

she was talking to me this morning on the phone, and stated that she feels at her most alone between 5pm and bedtime. So, i have delved into my stash and am in the process of knitting her a Love Shawl. The idea is, we cant be with her all the time, or at the time when she feels it the most, but maybe if she snuggles up under her Love Shawl, she'll know we're there really. does that make sense?

anyways, i'll be back on track when i've done this - 4 strands of DK and 15mm needles - shouldnt take long.

Feel better for 'fessing up!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Giddy, that's a really beautiful idea and I'm sure it'll do both you and your mum a lot of good. It makes absolutely perfect sense.

Do you mind me asking where you got the pattern from? I'd like to make something like that for my OH's granny. She was widowed a few years back now and the family does go to visit her a lot and she has her friends and church, but I know she gets lonely in the evenings. She's feeling the cold more these days too, so it'd be a double boost for her.

Hope you're still doing ok

xxxxx

OK, OK, I'm the first to fail her pledge...................... but its in a good cause which i'll explain.

As most of you know, we dont have a car at the mo and my mum lives about 15 miles away. With the bad weather, we cant even bite the bullet and meet for lunch like we have done before to get her out of the house and i feel, well, isolated from her and a bit useless if i'm to be totally honest.

she was talking to me this morning on the phone, and stated that she feels at her most alone between 5pm and bedtime. So, i have delved into my stash and am in the process of knitting her a Love Shawl. The idea is, we cant be with her all the time, or at the time when she feels it the most, but maybe if she snuggles up under her Love Shawl, she'll know we're there really. does that make sense?

anyways, i'll be back on track when i've done this - 4 strands of DK and 15mm needles - shouldnt take long.

Feel better for 'fessing up!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Giddy, that's a really beautiful idea and I'm sure it'll do both you and your mum a lot of good. It makes absolutely perfect sense.

Do you mind me asking where you got the pattern from? I'd like to make something like that for my OH's granny. She was widowed a few years back now and the family does go to visit her a lot and she has her friends and church, but I know she gets lonely in the evenings. She's feeling the cold more these days too, so it'd be a double boost for her.

Hope you're still doing ok

xxxxx

I couldnt find a pattern i had in mind, so i'm making it up as I go along! i'll post the pattern on here too - spread the luuurrrve

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I thought we were not allowed to post patterns on here, but I'm not in charge so I might be wrong.

You can PM or email them though.