The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
RC7

Knitting Accountability 2010

Don't worry Katy, I am going to be a while getting half way through my list, you won't be on your own in here just because Suzie's going to be wearing her Pledge by dinner time. ;-)

Suzie, I know you won't be offended, but just in case Ellie has been causing havoc and the ice has crept right into your kitchen this afternoon...we are just teasing, 'cause we have big fat hard Pledges to keep.

yes we do indeed in fact i'd go as far as to say mines a bit ugly too - but i'll knit it a balaclava when i've done my wips! :-) - and you are ingenius in finding ways to get a few rows in - well done you!

Besides, if you have gotten it finished by now, at least you'll be warm if the ice does creep into the kitchen :lol:

xxxxxx

Ha the ice has gone away girlies! And not offended in the least :-)

I just want to finish my gilet in time to enter it into the latest comp as it has lots of ribbing on it but its difficult when you're trying not to look like you spend all day knitting and nothing else - which I don't do if you know what I mean :lol: I always take my knitting into the bathroom to do a few rows while Ellie plays in the bath too :cheese:

Great idea for a thread!

Well, the nightmare of a bedjacket keeps getting pushed aside. It was a present for Xmas for my nan, but I just ran out of time bacause the pattern was sooooooo complex. I told her about it and showed it to her, and she said she was happy to wait til I se her next hols. I have done the back and fronts now (though I have to confess I stopped using the pattern after I'd done the fronts and switched to an easier one because it was driving me so mad!) but I seem to have pushed it to one side agin to do nice toys! I think I need a little reminder every now and then to make sure i'm really doing it!

OK, OK, I'm the first to fail her pledge...................... but its in a good cause which i'll explain.

As most of you know, we dont have a car at the mo and my mum lives about 15 miles away. With the bad weather, we cant even bite the bullet and meet for lunch like we have done before to get her out of the house and i feel, well, isolated from her and a bit useless if i'm to be totally honest.

she was talking to me this morning on the phone, and stated that she feels at her most alone between 5pm and bedtime. So, i have delved into my stash and am in the process of knitting her a Love Shawl. The idea is, we cant be with her all the time, or at the time when she feels it the most, but maybe if she snuggles up under her Love Shawl, she'll know we're there really. does that make sense?

anyways, i'll be back on track when i've done this - 4 strands of DK and 15mm needles - shouldnt take long.

Feel better for 'fessing up!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx