The Best Crafts Forums in the UK
Sign in to follow this  
knit&flee

Crocheted purse and hook case

Oh well done you! I'm still on the everything square/oblong stage of crochet :lol: I was the same too, it just clicked :-)

I got some of the double ended knitpro wooden crochet hooks for Christmas and they're lovely I must say :)

Thank you for all your positive comments! :cheese: I'm having a hard time deciding what to crochet next! :lol: I reckon if I can do straight lines, round corners and a bit of decreasing I could tackle a top .... :-) Anyone got any other ideas?

Ha I'm a complete novice and need to find a simple pattern to follow. I was hoping to get that new crochet mag today but they've sold out and thought that might have a few simple patterns in.

Maybe a hat K&F as that would give you a chance to do a bit of shaping on a small item? :)

I'm quite scared of hats Su2ie - I've only just learnt to knit them! :ohh: Perhaps I could do a few more bags of different shapes and sizes and have a turquoise collection! :lol:

That new crochet mag isn't as good as it looks on the telly. There's a website that you can probably get it from and also order the next 2 issues for only £1.99 (GBP) and then you get all the freebies. Might be worth giving it a go just for them and then cancelling.

Hmmm I did wonder if it was any good and I thought if I got the first issue over here it may have details on it for euros etc :)

One of my friends got it and said at least it was a good price for even just the hook and wool as you couldn't go out and buy those separate for 1.50 :-P

I have been crocheting nearly as long as I have knitting,over 45 years, I bought the new mag and it is OK. Just OK.

The introductory price is allright but work out probably 50 magazines at £2.99 = £149.50 and think how many crochet books you could buy from Amazon or any other book seller for that amount of money.